Thursday 30 August 2012

Conventional is a good fallback position isn’t it?

I am a person who revels in others’ uniqueness and their willingness to step out of societal indoctrination and proudly say, “This is who I am and if you don’t like it, I don’t give a f#*@!” This is the type of person I try and be every day. I love anything that is unconventional. I hate it when people care so much about what others think of them. Nothing can suffocate a person’s inner being more than this. If you want to dance when there is no music, then do it. If you want to be as outrageous as people like Marilyn Manson or Lady Gaga, then why not?

Society dictates its norms and sets the conventional standards and sadly most people comply, as it is easier to be a sheep than to be a leader. Do not let others dictate who you are because the soul is something beautiful and free. Each and every person’s soul wants to do and be whatever will make it happy. After all, we all come to this planet to find joy. Letting other people rent a space in your head can seriously damage your chances at happiness.

Last year I made the decision to not care what people think of me and the things I do and I have never been happier. It is your life and no one else has a right to tell you how to live it. No one matters but you! Be proud to be who you are, even if it is against the norm. All the better! So conventional is a good fallback position is it? I say HELL NO!



Taken from
 http://www.facebook.com/danielle.rall.52?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?

No comments:

Post a Comment