Thursday 16 August 2012

“Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea”(Alain)

“Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea”(Alain)

I do not believe this statement to be entirely true.  Yeah sure, one idea may not always be enough but I say if you even have just one idea then you are on your way. Other ideas spring from an initial idea ,so in saying this, does Alain mean that all initial ideas are dangerous? I think not. Somehow the idea I had to go on a holiday wasn’t so dangerous to me or those around me.

I do believe however that those that fail to plan, plan to fail and I believe Alain was trying to get to this point. If you have an idea, it is nothing until the planning process is complete because only then can successful implementation take place. Planning helps eliminate risks and possible dangers, so perhaps Alain should rather have quoted, “ Nothing is more dangerous than an idea that has not been thought through before implementing it.”

Taken from idea-sandbox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment