Wednesday 25 July 2012

A skill set called leadership

Taken from innsbruck.aiesec.at

I believe myself to be a natural born leader. I have never followed the herd and I always take charge. I have been selected for several leadership positions because of this. I was selected as a prefect in both primary school and high school and have been selected as project leader on many occasions, amongst other things. These positions have taught me a set of skills enabling me to become a better leader. Here are some of the characteristics that I believe a good leader should have:

Self-confidence – Be strong in yourself. You cannot show weakness or no one will follow you.

Fairness – As a leader always be fair or you will be disliked, and lose your credibility as a good leader.

Good communication skills – A leader must be able to communicate effectively with those the lead.

Morality – A leader needs to be someone others respect and look up to.

Respect  – Respect is earned.

Problem solving skills – A leader needs to find creative and effective ways to solve problems.

A democratic mindset – Everyone needs to agree and have a say, it is not all about the leader.

Patient – A leader must not lose their temper or stress out over small things, instead they should be the calming factor.

Motivational – A good leader is able to motivate their followers.

Active – Never make promises you cannot keep and always do what you say you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment