Friday 11 May 2012

It is better to practice a little than talk a lot

The title to this post is definitely applicable to presentations and orals, however I can’t say that I practice or “filter” before I open my mouth. If you hadn’t noticed or if you don’t know me, I am a highly opinionated individual. Some might even call me obnoxious. I say what I need to say when I need to say it and don’t give a rats ass what the consequences of my words will be.

My mother always tells me to “Moenie jou mond verby praat nie ” (meaning, don’t say too much),  but I hardly listen. In fact, when she tells me that I get rather upset. I haven’t always been this way,  I used to keep quiet when faced with  situations where I should have spoken up and then I would regret not saying anything afterwards. I am starting to grow up and become a strong young woman. Through this process I have realised that sometimes it is good to say what others are too scared to say and also to speak your mind, as long as you are presenting the truth in the best possible way. I enjoy being opinionated and sometimes people even tell me it is refreshing to know someone who is so honest.
You see, as long as your are speaking truth, no one can ever persecute you for your words because then they will be wrong. What I have learned is that if you have a mouth on you, you have to be careful who you run it off to and you have to wait for the appropriate time to say something. It is also a good idea to listen before you speak as you may get yourself in trouble if you are not properly informed. I was born with a mind and a voice and I am not afraid to use it!
Taken from worldofweirdthings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment