Thursday 27 September 2012

My favourite Cat in the Hat book is.....

To be dead honest, I have never read any of the Cat in the Hat books. Dr Seuss is a wise and creative author but the Cat in the Hat series really doesn’t interest me.  I cannot tell you why, perhaps it is because I have busied myself in reading Harry Potter, Wilbur Smith, Stephenie Meyer, Ayn Rand, Dan Brown and Anne Rice. I enjoy juicy stories, not frivolous ones.   I have watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Horton Hears a Who, but I cannot tell you that I would give them top ratings.

There are a few quotes from Dr. Seuss that appeal to me however:

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”


“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”


Wise words...all of them.

Taken from danielleford.com

No comments:

Post a Comment