Friday 17 February 2012

Two people walk out of a building and into a story

For some the world is a big and scary place. For others it  offers  adventure, self-discovery  and passion! I fall into the latter. There is nothing that excites me more than the prospect of travel.  As of yet I have only been to London, Mozambique  and Thailand and already the travel bug has bitten me hard. Travelling to a completely new and different place with new people and cultures is such an experience. You truly open your eyes and what you see is fascinating. Life suddenly becomes an adventure because you feel this overwhelming need to explore this unknown territory. The tiny little world you live in suddenly becomes huge and full of possibilities.
I do know that travelling has become a privilege and luxury, most people save all year to go overseas on vacation. It is very expensive, which means that a large percentage of you reading this haven’t yet been fortunate enough to have even been out of the country. But aspire to save and travel because I can tell you that you definitely will regret it if you don’t! It is the experience of a life time! Each place is so unique and mind-blowingly different.  

The minute you land and walk out of the airport building, it is like walking into a story. I cannot wait for the end of this year because once I have my degree in hand I am shooting off with my partner-in-crime, Alex, on a whirlwind adventure around the world. I don’t know how and what I’ll do overseas, but I can tell you this...I am quite sure that “Two people walk out of a building and into a story” would be a good title for the next chapter in my book of life!
A picture I took on holiday when Island Hopping in Thailand
A picture I took of the Changing of the Gaurds at Buckingham Palace, London

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have itchy feet, I've loved all the travelling I've done so far. I hope you find everything you're looking for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can also agree 100 percent! I am absolutely dying to get out of Cape Town. Been overseas to London and Amsterdam as well as Mozambique, but you are correct, noting beats that feeling of comfort and relaxation. I call it my 'holiday feeling'.

    ReplyDelete